Ankara styles that will trend this season

December 16, 2016


The festive season is here again! Christmas is in the air, jingle bells are ringing, tailors are in a frenzy and everybody wants something special this season. Most of us like to treat ourselves to a special outfit for the season. Maybe for that wedding, TM, village festival or just a trip to see the in-laws, *winks*.
Anyways I trolled instagram and I selected these top styles for you. We are Africans and ankara is our thing, so if you've been confused about what to make in ankara, worry no more because I got you covered!

1. The off-shoulder top
I did an article on the off-shoulder trend earlier and I'm sure the style will be around for sometime. A bunch of guys on my facebook call it the "skirt-top", whatever bro! It's super stylish and simple enough to be rocked without stress.


2. Ankara kimono:
Very simple and can be worn with anything; skirt, dress or trousers. If you want something versatile, this should be your pick.

3. The Backless Dress:
This style has been making waves on the red carpet and I totally love the ankara version of it. I won't advise you to wear it to your village market though, but it's totally beautiful and fit for a wedding or that special occasion.

4. The off-shoulder dress:
There is the off-shoulder top and the dress. Whether it is fitted or free, this dress is something worth having.


5. The high-low top:
This one is on my must-have list. You can have the high-low at the back or at the side, just do whatever works for you!


6. Anakara Blazer:
My advice for this one is that not every tailor can slay this. Get a good tailor and rock the jacket.


7. Clashing Prints:
Looking for something edgy? Clash the prints! This one is quite tricky, the secret is in the blend. The prints are different but they blend. This style will make you stand out in a crowd.


8. The Agbada:
You don't need to be a Yoruba demon to slay agbada. It is unisex, decent and totally African. If you want to be the show-stopper, do the Agbada! There is something about a woman in agbada, it's like putting on that board-room power suit. Although this one is a bit pricey, it's always worth the money spent.



I hope I helped you wardrobe selection this season. Is there any style you think is missing from the list?  Feel free to add to the list by dropping your thoughts in the comment box below or just tell me what you think about the list. And if you need a personal shopper or stylist, you can always contact me via my email sharonaijayokereke@gmail.com

Remain Stylish
Love, Sharon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts