How I improved the Outlook of my Instagram

May 27, 2017

I've gotten a couple of questions on how my Instagram feed changed, I'm going to try and answer those questions in this post. If you need brands to notice you, you have to work on your Instagram.
Honestly, I was blind to the whole Instagram process. I just went to Instagram and dumped pictures there and expected it to grow magically. Then I met Laiza King and and she gave me some tips, and showed me the things I was doing wrong. Then, I knew I had to change the outlook of my Instagram.

The first thing you need to understand is that Instagram is a visual app. It's all about what can be seen, what is pleasing to the eyes. That is why you find a lot of people putting extra effort in their pictures, to make it visually appealing. There is an Igbo adage that says that, the eyes will eat the food before the mouth. It goes down a long way to emphasize on the importance of making content that is aesthetic.

So, I started working on my Instagram. First I had to decide what I wanted my Instagram to look like. I wanted it to incorporate my interests in fashion, lifestyle, photography and faith. A lot of people advice picking out a theme color and organizing your posts to fit into that them. I tried that but I found it somewhat limiting. I wanted to post what I wanted without being confined to any color. I watched the feed of Ifeoma Amadi (thesvnflower). I love her feed, it's very colorful and very pretty to look at.

It's not necessarily about having one background, (I find that a bit boring) you need to have a go-to preset that when you apply it to your pictures they have the same look. I think I'll do a followup post on how to edit your Instagram pictures. I decided to incorporate white in most of my pictures, so that when you look it, it gives a cohesive look.

The hardest part of it is, letting your favorite pictures go because they don't fit in. You don't have to rush it. I gradually deleted pictures and added more. Change doesn't have to be rushed, it can be gradual to help people adjust. I'm still gradually easing out the old.

Another thing that improved the look of my Instagram was quotes. I wanted to be able to share motivation and faith. So, I learnt to design my graphics myself because I wanted the quotes to be uniform. You can find good quotes on any social media and share on your Instagram, just make sure it fits into your theme.

Essentially, you have to be yourself! I cannot overemphasize this. My mum used to say that the problem is that we go to the barbing salon and tell the barber, "cut my hair to be like Okoro's own" (it's supposed to sound better in Igbo) but what she was trying to say is that we try to be like Okoro without realizing we're different from him. Everybody's head is not the same, so Okoro's haircut cannot fit every head, so find out what works for you and suits you then stick to it.

Feel free to follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sharonn_oh/  I know my feed is far from perfect, but I just wanted to share and answer your questions. Don't forget to drop your comments and ask questions. Do have a fabulous weekend.

Remain Stylish
Love, Sharon

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is legit. You are on point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really feel like throwing out my current Instagram handle.. Thanks sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness ThankGod23 August 2017 at 12:08

    I really feel like throwing out my current Instagram handle.. Thanks sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogs have proven instrumental in highlighting and advocating for animal welfare, encouraging compassion and responsible treatment of all living beings. Digital Pro Hikes Food and recipe blogs not only share culinary expertise but also celebrate cultural diversity, showcasing dishes from various regions and traditions.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts